Imprint: Australian Scholarly Publishing
Released: November 2007
Out of print
Essential Oils in Therapeutic CareBy Trisha Dunning
This unique book for nurses and other health professionals offers careful and extensive strategies for using essential oils in therapeutic care. It weaves research evidence, traditional uses and personal experience together, reflecting the contribution of practitioners and aromatherapists. It includes many clinical examples of therapeutic applications.
- essential oils in current nursing practice
- aromatherapy research
- professional, legal and ethical issues
- essential oils as therapeutic agents
- carrier oils and substances
- quality use of essential oils
- interactions, contra-indications, precautions
- clinical examples
Emphasis is placed throughout on the need for practitioners to treat essential oils with the same respect as is accorded to medicines. Ways in which practitioners can contribute to aromatherapy research are considered. Comprehensive tables and figures are included.